1. You must qualify to attend the 2020 IFA World Armwrestling Championship in Orlando. You CANNOT just show up at the event and enter. Team USA Registration CLOSES on August 10, 2020 with the appropriate entry fees paid.
2. If you are pulling any age specific weight classes, Juniors and Masters, your age is determined by the year you were born. Specifically, if you turn 18 by 12/31/2020, you pull in the U18 class. If you turn 40, 50 or 60 by 12/31/2020, you pull in those divisions. The date of the Championship has no relevance to which age group you pull in.
3. MASTERS – You can only pull one ageMasters Category. ie: Masters, Grand Masters, Sr. Grand or Ultra Grand.
4. Disabled Athletes – You will need to provide a Doctor’s statement confirming your disability.
5. The Host Hotel, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is also the venue for the World Championship. The Championship is in the Palm Ballroom.
6. You must arrive the evening before your weigh-in date. We will be given a specific time for Team USA to weigh-in on each weigh-in day. The option to just show up and weigh-in is not possible.
7. Team USA Members are required to wear an Official Team USA Shirt and black sport pants (not sweatpants) when they are competing at the IFA World Championship.
8. There will be an official TEAM USA meeting on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 7:30 pm in the lobby of the host hotel, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista.
9. There will be a Referee Clinic for anyone that would like to attend at the Host Hotel/Venue on Wed. 9/16/20.
10. Disney World has extended special pricing for this World Championship. You cannot get the special pricing at the gate. Tickets must be purchased IN ADVANCE, on-line at https://mydisneygroup.com/ifaworld2020
1. You must attend a USAA Qualifying event to participate in the 2020 IFA World Armwrestling Championship being held in Orlando, Florida September 15-21, 2020. You do not have to place to qualify, just participate in the event.
2. Junior, Disabled and Ultra Grandmaster athletes do not have to qualify to represent the US at the IFA World Armwrestling Championship. YOU DO HAVE TO email Denise Wattles firstname.lastname@example.org receive a registration form. Registration forms must be turned in NO LATER THAN AUGUST 10, 2020 with the appropriate entry fees paid.
3. You can pull any class you want at the qualifying event(s) BUT when you officially register, you must designate what class(es) you are pulling at the World Championship. There will be a cost for any changes made when you weigh-in in Orlando.
4. Team USA Registration CLOSES on August 10, 2020 with the appropriate entry fees paid.
IFA World Armwrestling Championship:
1. The Schedule with dates and times of the competition can be found on www.USArmwrestling.com under IFA WORLDS/INFORMATION.
2. International Armwrestling Federation rules will be used. Double elimination competition. There will be random drug testing at this event.
a) There is No Clothing Allowance at the World Championship. Your weight will be in kg (pounds x 2.2 = kg)
b) If you are pulling Juniors or Masters you must arrive the evening of Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Weigh-ins are on Wednesday at a TBD time as a team.
c) If you are pulling Seniors/Open or Disabled ONLY you must arrive on Thursday evening, Sept. 17, 2020 to weigh-in on Friday, Sept. 18, 2020 at a TBD time as a Team.
d) If you are pulling Juniors or Masters ANDSenior/Open or Disabled, there will be a special weigh-in for you scheduled for Thurs. evening 9/17/20 TBD, so you aren’t pulling on Fri. and having to weigh-in too.
4. Awards will be presented the same day of your competition, you do not have to wait for the end of the event.
TEAM GEAR FOR TEAM USA:
1. Each Team Member is required to wear the official Team USA shirt and black sport pants when competing.
2. The Team Gear will be offered for purchase on www.USArmwrestling.comafter June 10, 2020. The deadline to order Team Gear will be August 15, 2020.
3. Denise Wattles is the Team Captain for Team USA. Leonard Harkless, Corey Miller and Sean Hancock will be Co-Captains.
Please email email@example.com for any questions.